File Buddy is best thought of as a collection of tools for managing the vast number of files and folders found on your hard drive. A complete list of what File Buddy can do is too extensive to list in its entirety, but the following lists many of the things you can do with it quickly and easily.
- View and edit a wide range of file and folder information in the info window. Create droplets to automate common changes.
- See how many files and folders are in a folder or on entire volumes.
- Use file Viewers to view the contents of large numbers of files quickly and easily.
- Easily modify the file and folder attributes of one item or a thousand.
- Find duplicate files and duplicate folders.
- Free up hundreds of megabytes of disk space by eliminating language resources for languages you don’t use.
- Find empty files and folders, orphaned files, duplicate files, broken aliases, and unused preference files.
- Erase files, entire folders, and unused disk space to avoid unauthorized recovery of deleted files.
- Delete data and resource forks from files. Delete custom icons and custom folder icon files.
- Clean folders of .DS_Store files and other items by name.
- Rebuild Mac OS X’s Launch Services database.
General File Management
- Rename files based on patterns, sequences and dates. Create droplets to automate any renaming process.
- Find files and folders using an extensive set of search criteria including owner, group, and names matching regular expressions. Conveniently perform a wide variety of actions on the results of searches.
- Use File Buddy’s administrator mode to work with files and folders to which you would not normally have access.
- Create custom icons using pictures in the Clipboard, the contents of graphics files and PDF files, .icns files, and existing Finder icons. View complete icon families with the icon family viewer. Export icons to .icns files.
- Create aliases and symbolic links. Find and repair broken aliases.
- Find, copy, move, and delete invisible files.
- Quickly view listings of common folders.
- Move, delete, and copy files. Copy invisible files. Copy with options not available in the Finder.
- Create snapshots to track changes to a folder or disk, such as files installed by an installer. Use the results of snapshot comparisons to uninstall applications.
Easy to use
- Create droplets to automate many common tasks.
- Use contextual menus within File Buddy to accomplish many tasks in a single step.
- Use File Buddy’s configurable contextual menu plug-in to simplify performing actions on selections in the Finder.
- Save window configurations to eliminate the need to manually configure windows for operations you perform on a regular basis.
What do I get?
The File Buddy 9 disk image contains the File Buddy application, which includes help updated for File Buddy 9 for use with Apple’s Help Viewer and the Universal Binary File Buddy contextual menu plug-in for use with PowerPC and Intel Macs.
File Buddy 9 is fully compatible with Mac OS 10.3.9 – 10.4.11 and has only a few issues in Mac OS X 10.5. File Buddy 7 is still available for use with Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X 10.1 – 10.2.8.
File Buddy is commercial software and may not be made available on other sites for download or distributed by any means without the express permission of SkyTag Software. By downloading File Buddy you acknowledge that you agree to the terms of our download agreement.
File Buddy 9 is not currently available for direct sale. If you need a File Buddy 9 serial number, please purchase a license to File Buddy 10 and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a version 9 serial number.